What to Wear.
Forest School goes ahead in most weather—there is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing! Having fun, getting muddy and experiencing the outdoor environment is all part of the Forest School adventure.
- Outdoor/play clothing – they will get muddy – we encourage it!!
- Warm clothing (lots of layers, including extra pairs or thick socks)
- Hat, scarf, gloves (we go out in all weather)
- Wellies are ideal if not, outdoor shoes or old trainers
- Long trousers
- Waterproofs are provided by the school - ( we sit on damp logs and the ground)
- UNIFORM TO CHANGE BACK INTO AT THE END OF THE SESSION
If the weather is hot:
- Sun cream protection
- Sun hat (preferably one that offers protection to the back of their neck)
- Sensible sturdy close toed shoes.
- Covered legs (no shorts)
- Spare socks
- Wellington boots
- Waterproof clothing Jacket